Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Nils Bohlin

 



 

By Cayden


Hello, my name is Nils Bohlin, and I am the creator of the three-point seatbelt. Now I will tell you more about the seatbelt and myself. 

 I was born on July 7, 1920, and I died on September 26, 2002 (age 82) of a heart attack. I had 3 children and thirteen grandchildren. 

Before 1959 only the two-point lap belt was available in the automobile, the only people who regularly buckled up were race car drivers. The three-point seatbelt is a lot safer than the two-point lap belt because the two-point would go across your stomach, the three-point would go around your stomach and your shoulder it would stop people from flying forward. The seatbelt saves 15,000 Lifes per year in the us. Bohlin made the seat belt in Yorkshire, England in designing the new seat belt he concentrated on providing a more effective method of protecting the driver and the passenger.  

 Conclusion, Nils Bohlin saved millions of lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment