Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Babe Ruth


The Amazing Babe Ruth Baseball Journey



http://d3i6fh83elv35t.cloudfront.net/newshour/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/73392618-1024x847.jpg

By: Kolton

Hello I am Babe Ruth a.k.a. George Herman Ruth Jr., I will be telling you some amazing events that has happened in my life time. Do you want to learn some important information about me, you do so let's get to it then.

I George Herman Ruth Jr. yes that is my real name. I was born on February 6, 1895, in Baltimore, Maryland. I was raised in a poor Waterfront neighborhood in Baltimore, where my parents, Kate Schamberger Ruth and, George Herman Ruth Sr., owned a tavern.

At the age of 7, I was making terrible choices like drinking, chewing tobacco, and taunting local police officers. But my parents were just way too busy to take care of me. So then I had to go to a Catholic Orphanage for children.

Once I was in the Orphanage I met a monk named Mathias, along with several other monks, they introduced me to Baseball. By the time I was 15, I showed exceptional skill for pitching and hitting. At 19, the law at the time started that I had to have a legal guardian sign my baseball contract in order for me to play Professionally. Dunn became my legal guardian. Other teammates called me “Dunn’s new Babe.” The joke stuck and I got the name Babe Ruth.

Now I will tell you about "The Curse of the Bambino."  The Curse of the Bambino was a superstition involving from the failure of the Boston Red Sox baseball team to win the World Series in the 86-year period from 1918 to 2004.

If you didn’t know I hit 714 Home Runs!! I know that’s great. I set many records as a pitcher ,and a slugging outfielder. I was among the first five players to be inducted in the sports Hall of Fame.

My positions are outfield and pitcher. I am left handed. I am “6'2, my weight is 215 lbs. My last game was May 30, 1935.

On May 25, 1935 I was an overweight diminished ball player, I was reminded by my fans of my greatness. One last time when I hit 3 home runs in a single game at Forbes Field in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The following week, I officially retired.

Two months later, on August 16, 1948 I sadly died, leaving much of my estate to the Babe Ruth Foundation (BRF) for underprivileged children.

I hope you enjoyed me telling you about my life from when I was a child, to getting the name Babe Ruth. To even playing professionally, to hitting 714 Home Runs. Thank you for all the support, and goodbye.


My Sources were:
1.Wikipedia,
2.The Complete New York Yankees,
3.My Brain,
4And More.

______________________
Presentation Notes:

"Wow that was a great game! Oh hello I am George Jr. did you see those Home Runs, I ran the bases so fast they couldn't even threw the ball in. That's another Run added to my list. Some of my famous quotes are " Every Strike Brings Me Closer To The Next Home Run." and " You Just Can't Beat The Person Who Never Gives Up." I also Hit 714 Home Runs. Well I got a game in a couple of hours do you want to guess who I am."

No comments:

Post a Comment