Thursday, May 11, 2017

Joan Jett




Joan Jett

By Rowan

Hey, I have an important question to ask you, have you ever gone to a concert? Well, I bet you haven't gone to a Joan Jett concert! Wait, who's Joan Jett you ask! Well, let me tell you about the rock legend Joan Jett! and here's a quick hint, she wrote I Love Rock n' Roll!

Here are a few facts about Joan's early life. First, she was born Sept. 22, 1958 and is still living! Now for the more interesting facts! Joan'steacher once threw her out of class because she didn't like the way Joan was dressed. Another cool fact is Joan started playing professionally at 15 years old.(young right?) She legally changed her name from Joan Mary Larkin to Joan Jett.

You probably want to know more about some of the music she has played, right She performed I Love Rock n' Roll and also had a string of hits in the 1980's to the 1990's. If you still don't know who she is, and you still haven't googled it, you might want to know what bands she was in. So hereare the bands she played in, The Runaways, and Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.

Do you want to know some of Joan Jett's style, just in case you see her somewhere? Well here it is! She wears a lot of black, black eyeliner, hasshort choppy black hair, she wears leather vest and boots. A really interesting fact is Joan is left handed but plays guitar with her right hand. Say you really do see her, here are a few nicknames she goes by, Rock n' Roll Queen, Godmother of Punk, and Original Riot Grlll.

I hope you found all those facts as funny/interesting as I did, and I hope you listen to some of her songs and do some research on her! Another really cool fact is, heard a little rumor that Joan Jett was going to the Biography Bistro, so maybe you'll see her there! (If you do see Joan Jett, tell her I said hi, please?)

buy tickets here <~~sorry, we're sold out...~~>

"Joan Jett." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 23 Apr. 2017. Web. 24 Apr. 2017."Joan Jett.

"Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 23 Apr. 2017. Web. 24 Apr. 2017.

"Joan Jett." Biography.com. A&E Networks Television, n.d. Web. 24 Apr. 2017.

"Biography." IMDb. IMDb.com, n.d. Web. 24 Apr. 2017.

Thank you for reading. Goodbye!
_________________________________

Presentation Notes:

"Hello, what's up people? How are you guys? Well, isn't this a nice little restaurant? I'll tell you a little bit about myself,
I was born Sept.22 1958, and I started playing my guitar at the age 14, but i started playing professionally at age 15. Since I was a girl, nobody wanted me in their band and so, I started my own band with a couple of close friends, and our band name was the runaways. I had a couple of hits in the 1980's-1990's, and some of them you might recognize."

No comments:

Post a Comment