Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Isadora Duncan



Isadora Duncan; Modern Dancer

Biography By: Téa

I am researching Isadora Duncan who is a Modern Dancer. She is the Mother of Modern Dance. A fun fact is her dancers were called Isadorables. Then when they got older they wanted to change their name to Isadora Duncan's Dancers. I am super excited for you to read my essay on Isadora Duncan.

Isadora was born on May, 27 1877 in San Francisco. Her first memory was of a fire, when she was 2 or 3. The Duncan's father surprised the Duncan's by giving them a mansion in San. Francisco.

Isadora Duncan's father was a banker. Sadly he lost his money very quickly. When Isadora was 5 months old Joseph (Isadora's Dad) went bankrupt. Isadora's dad left them so the cops would about money. The Duncan's father surprised the Duncan's by giving them a mansion in San. Francisco.

She rejected ballet classes almost immediately when she began them. Isadora Duncan agreed to adopt some kids because they wanted to learn how to dance Isadoras's way. When she had to leave them she either left them in a boarding school or with her siblings. She wanted to create her own type of dance. She never extended her leg fully always just a little.

She wanted to take a ride a car she liked so when the car arrived; She threw on her shall and jumped in the car then when the car started to move the shall(which was around her shoulder), got stuck in the tire and got tighter and tighter around her neck after a few seconds she passed away.

Isadora Duncan's life had a few bumps in the road but she is a great person and she had a great life. I think she is amazing because she preserved for what she really wanted to do.

Citations:

O'Connor, Barbara. Barefoot Dancer: The Story of Isadora Duncan. Minneapolis: Carolrhoda, 2001. Print

"My Life." Google Books. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Apr. 2017.
_________________________________________

Presentation Notes:

"Hi! Its so nice to meet you! I am so happy because I just got to teach a dance class, my way. I am going out with a dance teacher to talk about the way I teach my students. I am very glad that you came to the Isadora meet-n-greet. So do you have any questions for me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment