Thursday, May 11, 2017

Nancy Wake



Nancy Wake: a Beast Within Beauty

I am going to tell you about the most interesting person (in my opinion). Nancy Grace Augusta Wake is one person I will never forget about. She helped end World War 2. She became a spy in the French Resistance.

Nancy Wake was the youngest of all her siblings. Her sisters were Hazel, Ruby, and Gladys Wake. Her brothers were Charles, and Stanly Wake. Her parents were Charles and Ella Wake. My point is, she was not an only child.

For now, let's just get to Nancy. She was a young lady with long brown hair. She got past a lot of her enemies because she had such stunning beauty. She was born in Wellington, New Zealand, 1913. She had a pretty normal childhood. Nothing big really happened. It is what she did as an adult is what I am going to tell you about.

She witnessed the rise of Adolf Hitler and the Nazi movement "saw roving Nazi gangs randomly beating Jewish men and women in the streets of Vienna. They were beating them for no reason. She wanted to stop that. One day, she found out that one of her aunts had died and left her a lot of money. Out of all her family members, she got all the money. She ran away from home to become a nurse. She was there for about a year. She trained herself to be a journalist. Then she found out that a spot in the French Resistance was open.

She took the job. She became captain of the French Resistance. That is where her story begins. She could not just stand by and let Nazis take over the world. She needed to do something. She took the job so she could do good in the world. She meant to keep that promise. She lead 7,000+

soldiers into battle against 22,000 German soldiers causing 1,400 casualties, suffering only 100 themselves.

On her miraculous journey she met Henri Edmond Fiocca. I do not know his story. She also met John Forward who she left because she had to do a mission. He would not come with her so she just left him. She also earned the name, The White Mouse. She was called The White Mouse because she was so hard to catch! Speaking of hard to catch, she was Gestapo's most wanted. By 1943 she had 5 million dollars on her head. So if somebody killed her, they would have got 5 million dollars! A lot of people wanted to kill her. As I told you before, she had extraordinary beauty. Nancy wake got away from a lot of people because she was so beautiful.

Nancy Wake got a lot of medals and awards. She got George medal, RSA badge in gold, Companion of the order of Australia, presidential medal of freedom and, Croix de guerre. She has just recently died but she lived a pretty long life. She was 98 and died August 8, 2011. She died of old age. 1913-2011. She did what she wanted to do. She saved and helped a lot of people. She was never caught.

Fun Fact: one time, Nancy Wake killed somebody with her bare hands! Another thing she did was parachute down into Nazi occupied France.

Goodbye and have a good rest of your day. I hope you are satisfied with my report on Nancy Wake. I think that she is very important to history. She helped end World War 2.
______________________________

Presentation Notes:

"Bonjour my french resistance fighters. As your captain, I will tell you who I am and what happened in my past. I was born 1912 and started to spy in 1943. I was 31. I was nicknamed The White Mouse because I was so hard to catch. I was caught many times but I got past them. I led 7,000+ Resistance fighters into battle against 22,000 Nazis. Some of those fighters were you. I killed one of our Nazi foes with my bare hands. I parachuted down into Nazi occupied France. I hope to see you at the ceremony honoring all the fighters that have died in battle."

No comments:

Post a Comment