Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Gabby Douglas


All Around Gabby!!

Do you like gymnastics? I know I do! My name is Gabrielle Christina Victoria Douglas, though most people call me Gabby Douglas. I was inspired to do gymnastics from my sister. I was 3 when I started doing gymnastics on my own, and I started gymnastics classes when I was 6. Two years later I was in the junior league. After that, I moved to Iowa and trained with coach Laing Chow. After another two years later I was in the Olympics which was amazing because I was the first African American to win the all-around gold medals in the Olympics. I'll tell you my story.
I was born on December 31, 1995, and I am now 22. I have 3 siblings. My two sisters are Joyelle Douglas and Arielle Douglas and my brother Johnathan is Douglas. My mother's name is Natalie Hawkins and my father is Timothy Douglas. I grew up in Virginia Beach, Virginia .
My first experience with gymnastics was when I was 3 and I nailed a straight cartwheel using a technique I learned from my older sister, Arielle (former gymnast) .By the age of 4, I had taught myself how to do a perfect one handed cartwheel. With encouragement from my sister my mom allowed me to take gymnastics classes In 2004,two years later, I was named a Virginia state gymnastics champion
When I turned 14, I left my hometown and family, and moved to Iowa to train with coach Laing chow. Travis and Missy Parton volunteered to be my host family in Iowa. I became like a big sister to the Patron's four daughters, one of whom trained with coach chow as well. Then I went straight to the Olympics. I was the first person or the first of a African descent of any nationally in Olympic history to become the individual all-around and team competitions to win multiple gold medals in a single Olympic games.
I have many other projects but here are just a few. In 2012 I released my auto biography Grace,Gold,and Glory: My Leap of Faith. The Gabby Douglas story , a television show about my life ,I published in 2014.
My conclusion is that I think that gymnastics is amazing and that if you want to reach a goal don’t let anyone get in your way and even when it gets hard don’t just give up. "I just want people to know that it took a lot. It took a lot of hard days in the gym and determination ,passion ,and drive. Gold medals are made out of sweat, blood, and tears, and effort in the gym every day and sacrificing a lot."
"The Gabby Douglas Story (TV Movie 2014)."
IMDb. IMDb.com, n.d. Web. 24 Apr. 2017."Gabby Douglas." Biography.com. A&E Networks Television, 16 Aug. 2016. Web. 24 Apr. 2017. Anderson, Jameson. Gabby Douglas. Minneapolis, MN: Checkerboard Library, 2015. Print
Gabby Douglas. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Apr. 2017.
___________________________

Presentation Notes:

"Hello it is very nice to meet you today.I was in a rush to get here because i just came back from a gymnastics meet.I was born in December of 1995 and am very much alive.Do you know who i am.(there answer) yes i am Gabrielle Douglas."

No comments:

Post a Comment