Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Annie Oakley



Annie Oakley

By Ruby

Hi my name is Phoebe Ann Moses but you may know me as Annie Oakley, well that’s what my parents called me any way. Did you know that when I was little I did not play with dolls like my two sisters? I followed my dad Jackob when he went hunting and trapping. I was 8 years old when I shot my first animal it was a squirrel off the back yard fence. I helped my family by putting food on the table well mom tried to pay off while my mom tried to pay off the $200 mortgage on the farm houses. I wanted to be in the war but the garment said that Women could not be in the war. They said that I was not strong enough and it was algale.so when I was not in Buffalo Bill Show anymore I was doing shooting demonstration for the army camps. I also raised money for charity by doing shooting performances after I left Buffalo Bill show in 1887. I also have some very cool tricks like I can shoot a apple off my dogs head and I can shot 6 glass balls out of the air with none of them touching the ground I also can shoot off the back of a horse well standing back words. my most famous trick is holding my gun back words with a mire and I shot a hole right through the middle of a playing cards.

The World Book Encyclopedia. Vol. 14. Chicago: World Book, 2012. Print

"World & US History Online." HistoryNet. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Apr. 2017
___________________________________

Presentation Notes:

"Hi how are you doing? welcome to bills wild west show i am so happy you could come so sit back and relax and enjoy the show i hope that you will attend diner after wards."

No comments:

Post a Comment