Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Margaret ('Molly') Brown




The Unsinkable

By: Tea

Margaret Brown is very well know. She was known as Molly Brown, the most and some of her other names were Maggie Brown and Margaret Tobin. A fun fact is they made a Broadway musical on "The Unsinkable Molly Brown". Margaret was most commonly known for being making the survivors committee, which I will talk about later. You will be learning about Margaret Brown's early life, her titanic experience, and just the end of her life.

Here are some facts on when she was born and where she was raised. She was born on July 18, 1867 in Hannibal, Missouri (near the Mississippi river). Her personality is that she doesn't care if she fits in she just loves her dramatic hats. She's a go get it kind of girl. She then moved to Colorado.

Molly had her first child in 1887 and then her next in 1889. Her kids are two years apart. Her titanic experience was a big part in her life. She helped many, many people stay alive She was super awesome because she raised $10,000 and started a survivors committee, elected for chair before even reaching land.

Molly was most known for her social welfare, for women, children, and workers. So, she sadly passed away on October 26, 1932 from a brain tumor. She was age 65 when she passed away which was pretty good for back then.

I feel that Margaret Brown was a wonderful and a go get it girl. When I read about her I want to just go about and do something amazing. Just reading about her make my jaw drop while I'm gasping about her being so amazing. Margaret just exhilarates me!

My sources are:

Premierexibitions.com, www.premierexhibitions.com/.

“Main Page.” Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, 28 Apr. 2018, www.wikipedia.org/.

“Explore Encyclopedia Britannica.” Encyclopædia Britannica, Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc., www.britannica.com/.

Biography.com, www.biography.com/.

“Molly Brown (Margaret Tobin) : Titanic Survivor Biography.” Encyclopedia Titanica, 22 Aug. 2017, www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/titanic-survivor/molly-brown.html.

Presentation Notes: __________________________________________
"Hi, I have just got back from the Titanic. Honestly I wish that the captains would have taken control but if they weren't going to take control then I was going to take control so that's what I did. That was very frustrating but if i freaked out it would be no help so I just had to keep peoples morals up! So do you have any questions?"

No comments:

Post a Comment