Monday, May 14, 2018

Jim Thorpe




By Ella

Back when I was a little boy I went from boarding school to boarding school, and it gave me so much potential to keep continuing sports. If anyone told me to stop, I would just ignore them and keep trying.

In my early life, I had a twin brother named Charlie. When we were 9, the flu was going around and it took him with it. After Charlie died, I would just lay in my room and never come out. Everyone told me it was okay, and to come out, so I did, and that's what lead me to the Olympics.

In the Olympics, I did the 200 meter dash, 1,500 meter run, high jump, and long jump. I was very excited, because I was the first Native American to get a gold medal. Funny story, one year, right before I was supposed to run, my shoes got stolen. So, I went to the dumpster and I got 2 different sized shoes, then ran and I got 2 gold medals.

After the Olympics, I married three times and had eight children. First Imarried Iva Miller, we had 4 children, Gail, James F., Charlotte, and Frances. Second, I married Freeda Verona Kirkpatrick we also had 4 children, Phillip, William, Richard and John. Lastly, I married Patricia Gladys Askew, and we had no children. It was a real struggle working for non-athletic jobs. We were broke.

Throughout my many years of life, I learned to never give up and keep reaching for my dreams. Thank you.

My sources are:
, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Thorpe
my mom
Jim Thorpe : original All-American Joseph Bruchac.

Presentation Notes:_____________________

"Oh, Hello there! You may know me, but if you don't,you'll have to find out later! I played football and track and field in the Olympics. Well, I have to go, see you later!"







No comments:

Post a Comment